SDG Innovation X-change
This program aims to provide an in-depth understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship to young Chinese and Swiss innovators. The SDG INNOVATION X-CHANGE is organized by the Geneva Tsinghua Initiative, the Geneva School of Economics and Management (GSEM) of the University of Geneva and X-lab, the innovation platform of Tsinghua University in Beijing.
Online application : https://bit.ly/2MN3U0z
(deadline: 20th October 2018 midnight Central European Time).
• 1st Session in Geneva, 26th-30th November 2018.
• 2nd Session in Beijing, 15th-19th April 2019.
The one-week program combines courses, workshops, case studies and site visit with international organizations and companies, helping the participants to get to know the latest trends and gain field experience in another culture.
One Chinese and one Swiss cohort. Each cohort will be composed of 4 young entrepreneurs, 4 NGO collaborators and 4 employees in charge of corporate social activities at private companies.
What to expect
• Get an in depth understanding of SDGs, Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship both globally & locally in Geneva and in China.
• Gain project management skills and set up social innovation solutions.
• Develop a professional network and exchange experience between Chinese and Swiss participants, build an outstanding network in China and Switzerland.
• Additional mid- and long-term support through the SDG Accelerator, in collaboration with Swiss and Chinese acceleration/incubation programs.
• Pearl Mao, Executive Director of X-lab, Tsinghua University.
• Prof. Thomas Straub, Vice Dean for Executive Education at GSEM, University of Geneva.
• SDG/Social Impact (Your activity should connect with one or several SDGs).
• Clear goals in Geneva ( Connect with local UN agencies, NGOs).
• Clear goals in China (use of manufacturing technologies, intention to test the market and develop project there, meet Chinese investors, etc).
• First phase : short online form (https://bit.ly/2MN3U0z, deadline: 20th October 2018 midnight Central European Time).
• Second phase : online interviews.
• 500 CHF for startups and NGOs.
• 2500 CHF for companies (scholarship is available).
Travel to China is not included. The accommodation in China will be covered by our Chinese partner X-lab. Startups may apply for a limited number of travel grants and registration fee waivers.
The participants will receive an attestation of participation in the course delivered jointly by GSEM, University of Geneva and X-lab, Tsinghua University.
Ms Yunfei GAO
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel +41 22 379 9876